Jun 15, 2011

Hair Talk: Boxed In.

Hello Everyone,

This is past due but i just wanted to let you guys know that i did put box braids in for the summer time. I did them myself [first time ever] and it took me 3 days but only because I took so many breaks and just got bored in between. I've had them in for about 2 weeks now and they are holding up well. i grease my scalp at least once a week with peppermint oil and vitamin E oil, I try to mist it with water also once a week to keep my strands moist. The one thing i noticed is that my natural hair gets very frizzy and doesn't look very neat but i don't care, i love the "don't really care just got braids in my hair" kinda look. While braiding i made sure i did not braid so tight, I didn't want loads of tension on my scalp that would cause breakage. I use 2 and 1/2 of Super Braid X they were so long so i just cut it in half, but i might do them a bit longer next time the ones i did this time come to my hip. But here is a picture of me, the braids, and a bun:

For more info on box braids check out Natural Belle




No comments:

Post a Comment

Write about it