Jun 30, 2011

Hair Talk: The Braids Are Gone, But Not For Long!

sorry for the face this is 12 something @ night
Hello Everyone,


As you see I took my box braids down I did this about 1 1/2 weeks ago. Now when I had then in I was so excited to take them out so I can have my coils back but when I took them down and saw the madness that is my hair I couldn't wait to put the braids back in. But I knew this would be a chance for my hair to breath and take a load off. After the hard part was over I washed my hair with Garnier Fructis Smooth and Sleek Shampoo and then I did the Aphogee 2 Step Protein Treatment. Then I DC with my homemade mixture for about 1 hour, applied Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter Restorative Conditioning Milk as a leave-in sealed the moisture with castor oil, then did a two strand twist with Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter Deep Treatment Masque. The only problem I had was with detangling, I used a new comb/brush (review coming up) and I saw alot of shedding/breakage that really scared me so yes i stopped using that brush/comb asap and went back to my wide tooth lover. Now this could have been a result of not detangling for over a month and having the braids in but still I was scared. Aside from the scary stuff I had growth that made me grin from ear to ear [lol]. But with the breakage and the growth i still  didnt want to expose my hair to the elements just yet so I threw a homemade wig on for church until the heat hit me and that wig came right off [lol] But yes i will be putting the braids back in for the rest of the summer while I finish up some summer classes and what not so I don't have to do my hair and try to keep up with the fast pace of summer classes.   


Don't mind the make up I was trying something new



No comments:

Post a Comment

Write about it